talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Monday, July 12, 2010

Somewhere in South London


local street
Originally uploaded by angie cat
I'm now in London and staying in student accommodation at King's Hall. It's in the south of London and from what I can see is accommodation for university students who are studying medicine. The room is cheap -$143 for three nights with breakfast included. The room is basic (see below) but is good enough for my purposes. It's quiet and I have been able to do some writing.

Breakfast this morning was a hearty English breakfast - juice, cereal, yoghurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, baked beans, toast, coffee. I could have had some other things, but thought that enough for one meal.

I worked for about three hours after breakfast and then took a break to head into Central London. I took the bus and it was a snip at only two pounds. I wandered around, mostly in Covent Gardens. [Gillian, if you are reading this, there are STREETS of shoe shops there. You must go there when you return to London].
I'm writing this post from a local pub which has free wi-fi. All I had to do was to buy a drink and set up my computer. Within two minutes I had free access to the internet. All hail to this pub -The Fox -because hotels continue to rip off people for access to the internet even when they are paying a lot of money to stay. In our hotel in Germany, for example, internet access was something like $20 per day. Outrageous.

Here is a picture of the pub that supplies free internet.


The Fox
Originally uploaded by angie cat



Out of support for this pub, I am just about to order another glass of wine and a meal (smile). I think I will have Chicken Tikka Masala. Oh, here's a pic of the room I am staying in.


my room
Originally uploaded by angie cat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home