talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Thanks Tracey


eurostar
Originally uploaded by angie cat
Three days ago, I went to the Mannheim railway station to book my ticket back to London via Paris. I had a wait of an hour before it was my turn to get served. When it happened, the ticketing person turned out NOT to speak English. So, I had a further wait. Finally, I got someone who could speak English -Tracey.

Tracey was very good at her job. First of all, she suggested that my intention to go to London via Paris wasn't the cheapest option. She then busied herself and came up with the price for that trip (a lot of Euros) and then a price for a ticket from Mannheim to Brussels and then London (on the Eurostar). The latter journey was about $150 cheaper BUT was first class (smile).

The pic I have posted is the meal I was served on the Eurostar. Yes, champagne was included. I asked for sparking wine but the attendant said that they only had champagne. Okay!

It was a fantastic trip and I'm very grateful to Tracey for putting the suggestion to me.


After arriving in London, I went straight to Waterloo and hopped on a train to Winchester. I'm writing this blog post from my room in the student accommodation at the University. As you can see from the picture below, I have a lovely view from my window. I'll sleep well tonight after a long day of travel and will hopefully be in good form for the start of the conference (United Kingdom Literacy Association conference. I'm presenting a workshop on Saturday and will return to London the next day.


winchester
Originally uploaded by angie cat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home