talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thailand

Here I am in Bangkok airport. I've been here about two hours and I have another four to go (weep). It's a huge airport and there is plenty of shopping but I'm too tired. I've decided to leave the shops until my return journey when I will be in this airport for twelve hours. I've already decided that I will get a manicure and pedicure because it is around $20 (cheap as chips)and will fill in time.

The first time I was in Bangkok airport was around 1979 and the last time was about ten years ago. It still had an old world air to it but that has gone now. It is all chrome and windows with the usual shops - Gucci, Dior etc etc. There is still a bit of authentic silk to be had - in the form of scarves and cushions-and some Thai food. I think I will have some of the latter a little later in the morning.

Meantime, I have no idea how I an connected to the internet but presume the airport must be wireless. Anyhow, it connected up pretty easily and has enabled me to fill in a bit of time.

The flight over was very good and I think I will try to fly Thai in the future. They serve great food and are also very generous with free alcohol. My usual airline doesn't seem very generous these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home