talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Saturday, July 10, 2010

my room


my room
Originally uploaded by angie cat
Here is a picture of the building where I am staying. My bedroom is the one nearest the white wall. So, you can see just a bit of one window and the tiny window on the side. It's a lovely room and I've been very productive while staying in it.I've got a very nice desk and an internet connection, so I've been able to do a bit of writing and some analysis each night and in the mornings before the conference starts.

It might appear that I'm a bit driven, but it is really nice to be in a contained and quiet spot and have some time to think and write. Besides, the proposals for AERA are now looming (due 15 July). I have become accustomed to going to America each year for that conference and my writing has certainly been helped by locking into the AERA cycle (which basically occurs over about about nine months of the year - smile). Each year I try to put up more than one proposal to ensure my chances of getting to the conference but this year I haven't written a single proposal yet. So, that's my focus for this evening and the next two days. I've been doing some analysis of new data (that I used today in my workshop presentation at the conference here in Winchester). It will take some work to go from that to a proposal of 2,000 words but I think I can make a good start on that here this evening. It's a pleasant night and my head is clear although I'm pretty tired. Conferences ARE tiring.

And to finish off, here's a picture taken from the front of the student rooms. Gorgeous, no?



student digs
Originally uploaded by angie cat

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Guy Merchant said...

It was lovely to meet you in Winchester. I really enjoyed your workshop and our conversation. Enjoy your travels!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home