talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Up for a fine day in Winchester

Looks as if it will be a good day in Winchester today:

  • Winchester weather


  • I've been working on my presentation this morning by doing some detailed analysis of the segment of the recording that I am going to use. I am also making notes as I do the analysis because I will try to develop a journal article from the presentation, and perhaps a couple of related conference papers about aspects that are emerging. One, for example, might be about transcribing young children's actions during use of the computer. There isn't a lot written about transcription of on-screen activity by young children so that might be a logical follow-up to the article I had published recently here.

    When I was in Mannheim, I received notice that I have had an article accepted for publication in the Journal of Early Childhood Literacy. I am absolutely chuffed about this as I have been reading this journal since I started working on my PhD. I admire the work of many people who publish in the journal so I look forward to being in very, very good company.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home