talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

cqu in sydney

I'm writing this post from my desk on the sixth floor of the international campus of cqu in Sydney. I'm here for the week developing three courses that will form the new Graduate Certificate of TEFL. I'm working with Dr Alison Owens. The initial work was done over the phone before Xmas, so it has been great to actually get down to Sydney, to meet Alison in person, and to work with her.

The campus itself is wonderful. It has several thousand international students and now is exam time for many of those. The staff have been incredibly friendly and I thank them for their kindness.

Personally, it has been interesting to be back in Sydney after six years away. The inner-city has changed a lot but friends are just the same.

1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home