talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

first draft of the new year

today I finished writing an article that I started on 2 Jan 2007 and sent it off to the journal. I note the dates cos my writing turn around is getting shorter. I have to take that as a good sign. post Phd I found writing very slow and difficult - it was like I was writing my phD all over again. I am sure that i am getting better at writing more focused articles. The reviews will tell the tale of course. Meanwhile, what's next?

I have in mind ideas for two journal articles. One would be directed towards an education and literacy journal - to do with student- teacher talk in independent writing lessons. It would draw on analysis of interaction across all the chapters of my PhD thesis. The second would be more specific and probably harder to do - a challenge in fact. I would like to target a sociology journal. The idea i have relates to how extended sequences of talk have been considered within EM/CA.

I have started to make some notes about the EM/CA journal article. I returned to the chapter in my thesis about EM/CA and have noted some questions/tensions that I don't think are addressed in current work to do with extended sequences. I certainly have the data for addressing the area of extended sequences, now just got to see if I have the conceptual understandings right and the analytical capacity to go forth.

we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home