talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, February 08, 2007

more thoughts on eternal embrace

last night I posted the pic - eternal embrace (see post below). to do that I had to copy the pic from Reuters, post it on my angie cat flickr account and then blog it. this morning I clicked on the pic post to find that 146 people had looked at the pic and some had commented on it. later in the day I checked to find that over 200 people had looked at the pic on my flickr account. by this arvo it was around 250 people. I hadn't tagged my flickr pic in any way but perhaps the words "eternal embrace" were enough for people to find the pic through a search.

the post experience affirmed for me how marvellous on-line technology is. imagine all those people finding that pic on my angie cat account on flickr, apart from its original source at yahoo,and some people taking the time to comment.

I've been thinking some about the pic since I blogged it, particularly because of my interest in social interaction. I don't know anything about how social interaction has changed over time, however i find it interesting to see how people on-line have responded to the pic. Most immediately, comments on the pic on my flickr site provide accounts of how people understand the pic and respond to it. these posts provide insight into people's sense making here and now about something that occurred a very long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home