talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Sunday, March 14, 2010

back on track


front yard left side
Originally uploaded by angie cat
I've now been in Wagga Wagga for just over a month. That time has flown and I am now feeling quite settled. I think it took much longer to reach this same "spot" mentally when I moved to Rockhampton because it was such an unknown place to me (think, moving across three states from Ballarat to Rockhampton -that's pretty extreme!).

I've just received a positive response about an article that I submitted to an an early childhood literacy journal. It is probably my favourite piece of writing to date so I am very happy that i only need to make some minor revisions. Having said that, there were four reviewers and so quite a lot of feedback and points that I need to address systematically.

I started today by writing out a list of suggested revisions. As I did this I realised that some points -while different - could be addressed by reworking the same small sections in the draft. That helped to make it more manageable.

Doing revisions is a stage of the journal writing process that i still find challenging. This is mainly because I have "left" the paper once I send it off and usually go on to submerge myself in other data and another focus for writing. In this case, the review has only taken two months so I dont' feel quite so distanced from it. It is important to get onto this paper straight away - hopefully, it might make an issue for 2010. This will be my first article written under the Charles Sturt University "banner".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home