talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Saturday, April 28, 2007

what next?

2007 is flying. I've had some good news recently - a journal article accepted for publication here and a book review to be published in the september issue of this.

A couple of weeks ago I attended AERA in Chicago. My papers were:

Righting writing: What the social accomplishment of error correction tells about school literacy

Scaffolding and the provision of balance: The application of scaffolding within a state-wide literacy program

From package to practice: Examining the ad hoc in a state-wide early literacy program


So, one answer to "What next?" is to produce and submit papers to journals. I'll start with "Righting writing". I spoke about this paper at the CQU Faculty seminar on Thursday. Presenting a seminar post-conference is a requirement for funding to attend an overseas conference. Ditto, for getting the paper published. All up, it makes the conference process a year-long one, and it's almost time to start thinking about a proposal for AERA 2008 (to be held in New York).

AT AERA I caught up with Kathy Roulston (University of Georgia, Athens, USA). I met Kathy when we were both Phd students being supervised by Carolyn Baker. Kathy has asked me to collaborate with her on a journal article in the area of Ethnomethodology. I'm absolutely thrilled about the opporunity to work and write with Kathy and have made a start this week.

After the Faculty seminar on Thursday, a colleague commented that I could write out of my PhD forever. I've said that myself on previous occasions and it is great to have this research to mine. At the same time, I have another research project that i have to get to - a seed grant that will examine young children's on-line activity in the home. The focus on young children is consistent with all my previous research but the home context introduces something new. This work will be the first research for me, post PhD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home