talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

catching up

Today marked the end of of my teaching commitments for the year. I visited two schools watched two lessons, met with the students and their teachers. I can't say that I am sorry to have finished. There are lots of things that I need to attend to very, very soon.

First up will be the chapter that I am writing with Associate Professor Susan Danby at QUT. The focus for that will be young children's communication and we will be drawing on data from our respective PhDs. I am very lucky to have been asked to do this. I have suggested to Susan that we might try using Writely since we are so far apart, and will not meet before the draft of the chapter is due.

A couple of weeks ago I found out that my paper for AERA had been accepted. I was very excited about that. A colleague from Ballarat will also be attending so we have booked airflights and accommodation in San Francisco -now just gotta write the paper. We are planning to stay for 12 days (that worked out cheaper than staying for under a week). Although I have travelled a lot I have never been to the US and San Francisco is just one of those places that i would like to visit (it is the "old hippy" in me, and yes, I have been humming "If you're going to San Francisco ...").

Early Career Researcher Program finished a couple of weeks ago. All participants had to develop a proposal for funding using the ARC model, and submit it to the DVC (Research). I ahve received most of my funding and will conduct the small study in 2006. My focus -young children on-line. CA study. Should be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home