talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, September 15, 2005

it shouldn't be this way

Despite good intentions to set goals and be orderly about my career, my lack of blog postings over the past couple of weeks tells the story. yep, work got on top of me. having 'fessed' up to that, in relation to blogging, I can tell of some good things that have happened.

Most importantly, I am very excited about being asked to co-author a chapter in a book with Associate Professor Susan Danby, from QUT. I contacted Susan some weeks ago. Susan and I share in common the experience of having known and been supervised by Carolyn Baker at UQ, and the use of the methodological perspectives of EM/CA.

Susan has been terrific in her responses to me. not only the chapter collaboration but also taking me on board in a symposium proposal for a CA conference in Helsinki next year. I haven't had contact with other CA academics, in part due to the sad and untimely death of Carolyn Baker midway through her supervision of my PhD thesis. So, the contact with Susan has been very important. Thanks to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home