talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another door opens


door
Originally uploaded by angie cat
This week I am finishing of semester 2 teaching and getting ready for semester 3. The latter entails developing an honours subject which is the first of the subjects in the honours program. It will be a lot of work but I'm looking forward to the involvement.

Another door has opened for me recently. I've been asked to be a co-author on a book chapter for a handbook on children's literacy. it will also be a lot of work but I can't wait to start the collaboration with my very experienced and esteemed co-authors. It is such a privilege to be asked.

So, the summer (semester 3) will be devoted to writing two chapters and it will be a good balance. One will require serious engagement with CA analysis and concepts, and the other will require a lot of reading, and thinking and writing about media and children's literacy.

All good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home