talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

production machinery


Brussels
Originally uploaded by angie cat
I've been happily updating my CV this week as a few things have turned over. Following my acceptance for a panel (symposium) at the International Pragmatics conference next year, I've also been invited to contribute a chapter to a book that is being written by panel members. I am very, very excited about this wonderful opportunity and will work hard to make a really strong contribution.

Yesterday I sent off a draft journal article for review. I have sent it to a journal that has published one of my articles previously. It would be good to be published again in the same journal. My writing is definitely getting faster (and clearer). Or, maybe my thinking is definitely getting clearer and so my writing is faster?
So what will I do next? I definitely want to produce a strong abstract for the EM/CA conversation next year. It would be really good to have back-to-back conference papers to give (why go all that way to Europe and pay all that money just for one paper, right?). I am waiting with fingers crossed to hear about AERA (New Orleans, 2011). Successful abstracts will be announced at the end of October and that will give me time to try for another conference if I need to do that. I have in mind a big qualitative research conference in Illinois as a very acceptable alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home