talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

beefing things up


beef1 005
Originally uploaded by angie cat
Here is another pic that i took during Beef week. I loved the way the owners had set up a living area and then placed their cattle in it. How calm are they btw?


I'm into escalated writing at the moment. I've just been working on an article with my friend Robyn Brandenburg. It is another article about transcription but drawing on Robyn's experiences of it during her phD. The tentative title is:

Transcribing the unsaid: Finding silence in a self-study.

We are also hoping to develop a conference proposal out of it for AERA in 2010. I will also be working on another proposal for AERA and will use my kids in cyberspace project for that. Probably I will use more of the lizards transcript and recording.

Most importantly, I need to get into writing my symposium paper for the pragmatics conference in 12-17 July. That paper will take me back to my PhD work and hopefully I will get a proper CA paper out of it. I'm giving myself a month to do the paper and will definitely need all of that. It will coincide with getting ready for term 2 so things are going to be hectic.

Last week marked three years in Rockhampton for me. What can I say?


beef1 003
Originally uploaded by angie cat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home