talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Saturday, January 31, 2009

dogged

 
Posted by Picasa
So, if I am going to get some more publications up for the year, it is important that I get working fast. Since I am analysing new data I will have to work hard on the transcription and the analysis.


Today I am working on a new transcript. Here is some of the talk that occurred between a father and his young son (aged 2 yrs 11 months) as the boy looked at a Wikipedia site on lizards:

D: I wonder if that's that's the giant cave gekko
(0.8)
L: maybe he's a modo dagon
(0.6)
D: komodo dragon you ↑think
(0.6)
L: maybe he's a special lizard
D: who a special lizard (0.4) a special [green one
L: [yeah
D: he's a pretty one isn't he
(0.2)
L: yea::h maybe he's (0.8) a green one
D: green ↑one (0.4) ↑yep ((nodding head))

It's great interaction and I'm enjoying the work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home