talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the year of writing carefully

This week I've returned to office work after several weeks of leave. In some ways it was good to get back to the schedule of the working day because i have a lot of things to finish.

Most importantly, I've had three journal articles accepted for publication since December and two of those since my return from the trip down south.

So, the state-of-play is:

an article for the Journal of Classroom Interaction (in press)
an article for the Journal of Early Childhood Research (accepted and have made corrections)
an article for the International Journal of Qualitative Methods (accepted pending revisions)

I blinked over the latest and last one in the list because it is my review of transcription literature. So, I have some work to do but it was absolutely thrilling to receive the feedback which acknowledged this "important area" of qualitative research. The timing is also useful because it means that I will be working on the revisions at the same time as I am writing the paper for AERA around the same topic.

Meanwhile, I have in mind to publish an article in a literacy journal this year and that will be using data from my cyberspace project (young children using the internet). I will focus on two children's use of google searches and wikipedia.The younger child was 2 years 11 months at the time of recording.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home