talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Sunday, January 18, 2009

from Peter to Patience

As the posts below this one detail, I've spent the weekend translating a braille message. It was on the front of a card that my grandfather sent or gave to my grandmother around 1915 or 1916. Here you will see the pic of my grandfather that was in the card, a pic of the braille message that he wrote on the card, my "translation" of the braille message(thanks to the help of Wikipedia) and a picture of my grandmother taken around the same time.


grandfather0833
Originally uploaded by angie cat


 
Posted by Picasa

May every blessing life can know
inbold the newborn year
leave not a vacant hour for woe
nor cause to shed a tear
except it be thy will to weep
for joy


Grandma
Originally uploaded by angie cat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home