talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

what! me?

Posted by Picasa
I don't often post pics of myself but I thought this one was worthy of an airing. here I am in 1975, hanging out (as you did then) with my guitar. it's a great period piece, no? the pic was taken by a friend (Robyn Donaghue) who did a series of black and white pics of me for a uni assignment. I'd quite forgotten this particular photo which my sister had and produced on my recent visit over xmas. Anyone who plays a guitar will note that i'm in C major chord position, and most folk who were young around the same time will recognise the trappings of the time.


My sister also gave me another pic. This one is of my grandmother, Patience Davidson. Patience lost her eyesight shortly after birth. I figure that Patience was in her early twenties when this pic was taken, so she was around the same age as I was in the pic above.

Posted by Picasa


I find this pic interesting, most particularly because my grandmother read braille through her finger tips yet is posed as if she is looking at the book (without her hands on the page which was necessary for reading).

both pics are now period pieces i think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home