talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Saturday, January 17, 2009

wow!

continuing the saga of the card message in the post below - I found a site that translates words into contractions. So it allows you to put in a word and it gives the braille symbol or word. in the verse on the card i made a guess at some missing words that i could figure out. for example in one line i had previously:

be thy _ to weep

I guessed that the missing word was 'will' so I typed in the word and up came the symbol and yes i was right -the card reads 'be they will to weep'. I also guessed 'not and was right on that.

now the best bit. remember there was a symbol that had all the dots filled in, and i thought it represented italics or emphasis:
..
..
..

I wrote in the word 'for' and up came the braille word for it:
..
..
..

So a guess was right for that.

I now have:
except - be thy will to weep for joy.

I think that - in this case is 'it' and so will try that out next.

Drum roll, and yes...
so the last two lines of the poem read

except it be they will to weep for joy

All up I now have this:

May every blessing life can -
inbold the newborn year
leave not a vact for woe
nor cause to show a tear
except it be thy will to weep for joy

That's so much clearer, except for 'vact' and i don't have any ideas about that right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home