talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Monday, April 24, 2006

I wish I had a dollar for ...

I wish I had a dollar for every time that someone this week has said how much I must miss going because of my students. Actually, the word "love" has been used in relation to teaching and leaving my students. Now while I pride myself on being a meticulous teacher, there are limits to what i will admit to in relation to leaving. Yes, it is hard to leave mid-semester. It is mucky and I do have a sense of unfinished business and a responsiblity to my students. At the same time, courses are currently designed in universities to be delivered in a generic way. Outcomes and course content are set. So, I'm happy with my replacement who brings more to my unit of teaching than can be encompassed within the sterile descriptions that currently represent what needs to be covered in a first year unit about literacy in a teacher education course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home