talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, April 20, 2006

moving out and moving on

This week back at work finds me in a state of transition. I've accepted a position at Central Queensland University as a senior lecturer. I'm very happy about the appointment and the new challenges that this will bring. At the same time, this presents the usual transition "problems" - packing up my office, packing up my home, arranging transportation of both my office and home contents -not to mention the carriage of my car and my beloved cat. the latter is paramount - dear old angie has managed various transitions from her former life as a feral kitten to fully fledged respectable cat in residence in Buninyong. I KNOW she will make the transition to cat in Rockhampton but it is all the stages in between that worry me (e.g. flight on qantas aeroplane to rockhampton). imagine travelling in the underbelly of a plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home