talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, April 06, 2006

wet patch

Greetings from San Franciso. I'm here to attend the AERA conference and have just had a couple of days of R and R in downtown SF before starting the serious business of the visit. I'm here with my friend Robyn Brandenburg and we're staying at the Union Square Plaza Hotel which is just a couple of blocks from Union Square (or should I say Macey's?).

I have really enjoyed SF so far although it has rained every day. After a couple of wet and cold days i developed a cold - this has resulted in a total loss of voice. I am hopeful of being able to present at the conference tomorrow, however, I am taking it very very easy today. At the moment i'm sitting up in a little internet cafe - Johnny Cash playing in the background and good coffee at hand. Outside, all manner of people are doing their thing. Life could be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home