talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Friday, March 03, 2006

katrina wrote

I received an email yesterday from an old friend. Katrina and I worked together in a very small Catholic school in inner-city Sydney. It must be almost 15 years ago now. The school had large numbers of ESL students -I think it was about 85%. Katina and I worked together for a year with Kindergarten (Prep) class. She was the classroom teacher and I was the ESL teacher. It was an interesting year. We both had very strong views about schooling, students and literacy. We spent a lot of time collaborating, mulling over things and -dare I say it- trying to do school differently. We both ended up leaving classroom teaching, although I think it's true to say that we both have maintained an interest in the need to change schools. (If you read this Katrina, you might want to correct me, but i hope not!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home