talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Monday, September 12, 2011

the hardest thing

Today, I'm making the final final changes to my revised book chapter on restricted interactional activity. I'd have to say that it has been very challenging to do. Part of the challenge for me was returning to data from my PhD and re-analysing some of it. I also needed to get up to speed with literature produced since I last wrote from my PhD. I wondered today if I am still missing some of it because I don't appear to have a lot (still) of CA work around classrooms in the early years of schooling when children are working on individual tasks - such as writing (although there is considerable literature about other classrooms. It was hard going back to thinking about classrooms and realising that got me thinking about how much I've enjoyed analysis the data recorded of young children interacting on the computer. I will be happy to have more of that once our ARC data has been collected early in 2012.

Meantime, this morning I have started thinking about another article I might write on methodology. i think it could be a lit review about the application of methodology in literacy research. there has been a call from a journal that I wouldn't mind writing for and an abstract is due in Dec. that could be a good deadline for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home