talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, December 30, 2010

last day of the year


Angie
Originally uploaded by angie cat
Well, I can hardly believe that 2010 is almost done. This time a year ago I was in Rockhampton and pinching myself with disbelief - had I really been offered and accepted a job at CSU in Wagga Wagga?

And what a year it has been. My highlights? The move, of course! Attending the conference in Mannheim, Germany, with Gillian and Maryann, friends and conversational analysts. then, the ARC Discovery (and I'm still blown away by that). Getting to know Chris, Gerald and Wayne at work was pretty good (ongoing hits of enjoyment). I'm happy that Angie has settled so well into Wagga and made a friend in Pirate. And of course, I'm especially enjoying being back with Jenny, one of my oldest (older-smile) friends).

Today, I've spent time working on the chapter again. I'm not pushing it but really just aim to do reasonably good work each day and then pull it together towards the end of the time line. This morning I wrote a few hundred words about independent writing and this afternoon I read some online articles about CA and institutional talk, and I made notes that can then inform the production of a few good words tomorrow morning.

It is over forty degrees here today. This morning I thought about going for a swim. I didn't do it but it is now on the cards for sometime on the weekend. I might go to Coolamon and back to the pool I swam in during the summer many years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home