talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Now where was I?

I've just read through the last post I made here. The good news is that I've completed everything on the list except for one thing (the revised book chapter). the fact that I started a research fellowship here has really helped me start to focus again.

For the last two weeks I have been in Brisbane meeting with the ARC Discovery team led by Professor Susan Danby. This project promises to be very exciting, in part because we have such an interesting team. For me it is particularly exciting to be working with other conversation analysts. Although the recordings of home and pre-school interaction won't me made until next year, we have already spend time talking about aspects of the data collection. It has been very rewarding for me to see how the work from my CQU seed grant has enabled me to make a useful contribution to discussion of data collection, particularly in the home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home