talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Sunday, November 25, 2007

can you find the moon?

 
I get up very early these Rocky days - usually around 5, if not a little earlier. This pic was taken from my decking one morning and "captures" a tree near my bedroom window. It also caught the moon.

I'm regrouping this week after finishing my draft journal article on Friday. I would like to write one more before we break for xmas but I would also like it to be something that I haven't written about before. So, this weekend I spent some time reading EM/CA articles and thinking. One idea I had would be to write something about questions of epistemology as members' concerns. I have a neat little bit of data from my PhD where the teacher asks a student HOW she knew how to write "sandwich". What follows is a neat account from Cathlyn. I did write about this in my PhD although the sequence appeared because it overlapped another that I was analysing that also involved the teacher.

Last week I received notice that I have conditional permission from ethics committee to begin my EM/CA study of young children and computer use. I have to make a minor change in relation to consent forms and that will be finished. So, that will be done today. I have a lot of articles to read around the broad area and I started that last night. I am determined to produce a journal article from the review of the literature. I haven't done that before.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Scott said...

sounds like you're working really hard. mmm, I could probably do more of that.

i've applied for a job at UB and have an interview tomorrow and wondered if you had any thoughts or insights about the place you could share?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home