talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

at last I write

This week I am working on getting a journal publication from my AERA paper "Withholding information during help in independent writing. Thanks to the AERA requirements for proposals a lot of the paper is written. I have worked on the analysis slightly because of previous feedback on other papers about the complexity of transcripts. I have been able to take out some of the talk that is not pertinent to the main talk i have analysed. This took a lot of time to do since all lines of the transcript are numbered for reference - taking out 70 lines meant a lot of small changes.

The other matter involved deciding whether to write for a literacy/education journal or for a sociology journal. I've gone with the former. I've spent a couple of days thinking about where to "place" withholding information in the literature without the paper blowing out and requiring a lot of extra work. I've already spend a lot of time on it thanks to needing to get up the proposal this time last year and then drafting a fuller paper for AERA itself in April.

I've set friday as the deadline and will just send it off, probably to Pedagogies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home