talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Screen


screen
Originally uploaded by angie cat

I've had two main things to address this week. The first was the beginning of teaching for semester 1. My main teaching load is for a first year subject - Language as social practice. While the content is pretty familiar to me, the construction of a good context for teaching is still demanding. Since my administration load at CQU was much heavier than my face-to-face teaching, it has been interesting making a shift to more interaction with students.


The second big task for the week was revising a journal article for publication. This one is for a journal about research and new media technologies. I was pretty chuffed to have my paper accepted subject to "a few amendments". As usual though, even a small amount of revision can be tricky. In my case the single required revision appeared (to me) to be out of kilter with the CA perspective on things. So it was a matter of trying to address the required revision adequately while staying true to the thrust of the article itself. The useful thing about the required revision was that it DID suggest to me that my own take in the article was not clear enough. So, I also went back and tried to draw that out.

It was slow work but is done now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home