talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Do Not Disturb

I've been mooching along this week trying to decide on my next lot of work. I want to get up a book proposal on transcription so have starting thinking about that. I've had a look around at some of the publishers to get a sense of what is required. I have done some research and publishing around transcription so that is a good beginning point but there needs to be some conceptual work done around it for the purposes of a book. Since I intend the book to be for an education research audience I will probably do an article around transcription in education research to try to situate it in a productive way.

I also need to do some more transcription of data from my kids and computers data so I will start that next week I think. It's a bit daunting starting new analysis because the CA work is always so slow (well for me, at least). Not knowing exactly where something is going to head, or end up, is interesting but also challenging in relation to relating that "thing" to the existing CA work.

Bottom line is that I am feeling pretty tired and "over" the year. However, there is still a month to go before xmas and the official end of the working year so it is time to put head down and get on with something substantial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home