talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

new focus


top of the town
Originally uploaded by angie cat

Today, I've been focusing on aspects of my latest research project. This work will examine the accomplishment of young children's on-line activities using the perspective of ethnomethodology/conversation analysis. It has taken me a time to get to this work but I have a window of opportunity now. I will be recording the interactions of six young children. I'm looking forward to the challenges of a new project and also to acquiring some new skills. The later will involve DVD recording equipment and on-computer-screen analysis. I hope to take onboard the use of one of the transcription programs that are available for downloading. I haven't seen much written about those so perhaps there will be some possiblities for addressing that aspect of transcription in future publications that will arise from the research project. Most importantly, the final CA focus will develop from the recordings so there is a deal of anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home