talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Post NY


statue
Originally uploaded by angie cat


As my previous pics have suggested, I loved the parts of the city that i visited/experienced: Statten island ferry, Central PArk, Rockefeller Centre, Bloomingdale's, Soho and Tribeca. I also managed to take in a little more night life than previous conferences. There was a most enjoyable dinner with Robyn Brandenburg and some of her friends from the Self study SIG (little Italian restaurant, affordable wine and great food) and the unforgettable last evening in the lounge bar of the Times Square Marriot (eight floors up with a view out to Times Square, a piano player, and Bo-Beep, a rather interesting guest who managed to draw a lot of interest).

About the conference? I attended some interesting sessions here and there. I enjoyed one provided by the Writing SIG where presenters were authors of a book series. The audience were divided into groups and met with individual authors to discuss the book and its focus (for example, my first session had Melanie Sperling talking about mixed methods research in literacy). At that session, I met Deborah Brandt whose work I had come across when doing my lit review for my PhD. Deborah's paper on ethnomethodology was really useful and a find because few focus on writing research and EM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home