talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Thursday, October 02, 2008

rhubarb


rhubarb
Originally uploaded by angie cat

They say that rhubarb won't grow in Rockhampton. I'll keep you posted.

Today I started working on my part of a draft article on transcription and self-study. This is a collaborative effort with my friend Robyn Brandenburg. Robyn has kickstarted with some writing about her reflections on transcription in her self-study. Today, i wrote some of the literature review and fiddled with the abstract and a paragraph for discussion.

This week I've finally finished watching all my data recordings and made transcripts (rough) that record some of the talk and interaction involving the kids and computers. Now got to get to the more serious business of analyzing the transcript for the 'Click on the big red car' article.

Other things - I received a copy of the thesis on transcription by Dr Margaret Luebs. This is her dissertation which examined transcription, particularly in the areas of linguistics, discourse analysis and conversation analysis. It's a good read and an interesting piece of research. cqu library has bought the copy of the thesis (from the University of Michigan) and will have it bound and catalogued for the library. it will be a great resource for me and others (smile).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home