talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Friday, June 24, 2005

early career researcher program

Today marks the end of a busy week. I finished teaching rounds supervision, made some progress on my journal article for language and education, and completed an application for the early career researcher program at the University of Ballarat. The latter provides an opportunity to work up publications and to "get up" an application for a small research project. Twelve people will be selected.

Actually, just completing the "expressions of interest" form enabled me to consider where I am currently at in terms of my development as a researcher. Something that I have noticed is that post-Phd is a critical time for beginning researchers. Some seem to move ahead quickly, and others not so. Most of my friends who don't work as academics can't believe it i.e. isn't the hard slog over now? Nuh! It is just beginning.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Thanks christinA. Your blog looks quite interesting - I'm adding you to my aggregator! I'm sure your methodology chapter (and the other article) will be an interesting read - esp if Colin gave it the wink-nod. What an interesting fellow - Michelle too.

So congrats on your PhD. Sounds like they're working you hard at Ballarat. Did Jo Ryan just come from up there?

Do you have your PhD in PDF? Can I have a read? or at least get the reference?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home