talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

writing away

I have spent much of this week working up an article for a journal. i am drawing on my phD research so the writing comes relatively easily. I mention this because I don't think that writing out of a PhD necessarily IS easy. certainly, many people that i know haven't written much out of their PhD.

I am writing for one journal -Language in Education. I have taken as my focus many of the taken-for-granted interactional resources that I determined and described in my PhD study of independent writing. at the moment, the article seems to be shaping up quite well. writing the article has taken me back to my PhD thesis. I haven't looked at it much since finishing my thesis, however, today i found several sections of writing that i thought were very good. they also reminded me of the struggles i went through when trying to frame up my thesis. hopefully, i can now drawn on that writing to get a journal article finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home