talk-in-interaction

analysis, social organization, classroom talk

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

What I like about having a blog

Currently, there is much discussion around about blogs. To some extent I have resisted making my blog "what a blog is supposed to be", according to the research and discussion that emerges around blogs. What is most appealing to me about my blog is that it can actually serve any purpose that I like. That purpose might change, but I can determine it. Call it a reaction to the genre-theory movement as it was narrowly taken up in Australia (yes I am an Australian), however, I want to resist curtailing my blog work because it doesn't fit with the blog "genre". It seems to me that the very joy about new literacies is that we are in-the-making of what those literacies might be. Let's not fence ourselves in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home